11 Aug 2011

homo faber by max frisch (1977)

walter faber doesn't believe in faith, he's an engineer, he believes in mathematics. after an unplanned adventure in south-america and the break-up with his girlfriend afterwards back in new york, he travels to europe on board of a ship. there he meets his daughter (who he didn't know existed at the time being) and they begin a relationship.

this book is a report, written by faber himself, the style is quite unique.

max frisch is one of the most famous swiss writers. i already read his play andorra and i'm very curious about the novels stiller and my name be gantenbein.

* * *

1 comment:

  1. I just wanna let you know that I was here... :)

    This site is still amazing and I'm admiring your passion and addiction for books and their stories that they tell.
    Unfortunately I was never able to find the same feeling to let me fall into written words as you.

    All this makes me a very proud of you especially because we know each other from real life.

    I hope you will proceed feeding this blog with your lovely comments about books.

    greetz maksimaks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

dear readers

pls leave a comment, even if it's only: i was here... =)